Saturday, March 5, 2011

Surprise!!

  So, change of plans... staying home this weekend due to weather, so on this cold and rainy day I decided why not chili? There aren't (hopefully) going to be many more "chili" days left, so I decided to take advantage of it and use my last round of chili ingredients of the season. I know there are about a bajillion ways to make chili and everybody likes it just a little bit different. Mine comes out a little different every time but as long as the hubs is happy so am I. :) Tonight it was:


Chili:
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1/2 onion finely chopped
  • onion, garlic and chili powders
  • paprika
  • 3/4 can of tomato juice
  • 2 cans chili beans
  • 1 lg can mushrooms
  • 1 can petite diced tomatoes 
  • 2 packages of chili seasoning
   Brown the hamburger and onion in pot. (I season with onion, garlic and chili powders and paprika at this point. No certain amount, just what looks right.) Add rest of the ingredients and simmer for app. 30 min. stirring occasionally. 

I've gotten on a big dessert kick also lately. So bad, I know, but I can't help it. There just so good! It just takes control on my part... at least that's what I keep telling myself. Lol. Anyway, I LOVE blondies. They are by far one of my favorite sweets, I had been craving them about a week now, so I figured I had tortured myself long enough and gave in... The reward was oh so sweet!!!

Blondies:

  • 1/4 C. butter
  • 1 C. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 C. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 chopped nuts
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
   Melt butter; blend in sugar. Add egg and beat. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture; mix well. Add nuts and vanilla. (The mixture will be very thick) Spread in a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut into squares or bars while warm.

Mine as you see it here... is topped with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel. Delicious!!!

1 comment:

  1. Steve has been requesting chili for a while now, but I don't have the stuff to make it. (Need to go to the store....ugh.) I also LOVE blondies, and it never occurred to me that I could make them at home. The ones from Applebees are sooo good!!! I'll have to give this one a try! =)

    ReplyDelete