Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken Salad

   Last night was a "fend for yourself" night as I was working on my new blog. :) I did manage to squeeze in a quick batch of chicken salad for lunches that suddenly had Bob circling the area for "taste testing" duties. I don't really have a set recipe, I just kinda eyeball it and taste as I go. 

Last night I used:

3 lg. chicken breasts, boiled and cubed
2 small apples, diced
1 rib of celery, sliced chunky
approx. 1 1/2 C. mayonnaise 
3 T ranch dressing
1 teas. McCormick Perfect Pinch, 
      Savory All Purpose (Salt Free)
Sea salt and pepper to taste

I didn't have all my regular ingredients so there was a bit of substituting going on... I prefer red seedless grapes but only had apples. In my opinion the grapes give it more of a kick in flavor. Normally, I shred my chicken breasts before I cool them, but was short on time and it's easier to cube them after cooling. I always used seasoning salt before but have switched to a heart healthier version using McCormick Perfect Pinch and a bit of sea salt instead. I know there is little heart healthy about mayo, but I simply cannot live without it. :) My only wish was that I had some fresh bread to put it on instead of store bought. At any rate; Bob loved it and I didn't think it was my best showing but flavor was still good and I didn't have fast food for lunch so it was a win win. 

2 comments:

  1. I love-love-love chicken salad, but have never actually made any...Steve won't eat it, but I'll have to try some the next time the girls are in...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob doesn't like it with grapes, so I always have to set some aside for him without but he liked the apples...

    ReplyDelete