Friday, February 25, 2011

Thursday's Let Down... Friday's Treat =)

   Well, I was off work yesterday so I decided to make the best of it and go round three with my arch nemesis.. bread... Well, let's just say bread won, again. Flavor and texture are both great, the height just isn't there. I think my pans are too wide, so I will be investing in some metal bread pans... I've been using the glass ones but I'm finding out that I'm pretty sure those are only for meatloaf, silly me. :(

  


Today is a soup bean and cornbread kinda day... I put the beans in to soak last night and turned the slow cooker on this morning before work and then came home and whipped up a pone of cornbread.


I like a few beans with my cornbread :)



       











While I was at it I made some of Granny Nett's gingerbread too. YUMMY!! That's for my Momma, she would be ashamed if I made beans and no gingerbread... :) The gingerbread isn't just like Granny Nette's but it's pretty dang close. As I was making it, I remembered watching her making it and how the dough looked (and tasted). It's pretty amazing how something can bring back such vivid memories after such a long time. ♥

3 comments:

  1. This one is making my mouth water, cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good! I still have a couple of pieces of gingerbread left but I'd sasy they're dry by now. :o/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My granddaddy in Phelps, Kentucky taught me how to make cornbread.... and the only way I do it is in a cast iron skillet on top of the stove.

    ReplyDelete